Trouble with initial data setup commands

Hi, I’ve been trying to install taiga from source for a while now. I am however having trouble with the populating initial data part of the instructions as pretty much all of them return an error.

(taiga-back) taiga@nb-vm-07-sv:~/taiga-back$ CELERY_ENABLED=False DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=settings.config python manage.py createsuperuser

You have 228 unapplied migration(s). Your project may not work properly until you apply the migrations for app(s): bitbucket, contact, custom_attributes, djmail, easy_thumbnails, epics, external_apps, feedback, github, gitlab, gogs, history, issues, likes, milestones, notifications, projects, references, sessions, settings, tasks, telemetry, timeline, token_denylist, users, userstorage, userstories, votes, webhooks, wiki.
Run ‘python manage.py migrate’ to apply them.

Username: administrator
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/taiga/taiga-back/.venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 84, in _execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
psycopg2.errors.UndefinedColumn: column users_user.uuid does not exist
LINE 1: …_user".“last_login”, “users_user”.“is_superuser”, "users_use…
^
HINT: Perhaps you meant to reference the column “users_user.id”.

My setup is done using a minimized lite version of Ubuntu server 22.04.1.
NGINX for reverse proxy.
Postgres 14
and Node.js
Is my operating system missing some important dependences or are my versions new new for taiga. any help with understanding would be appreciated.

After a bit more researching and wanting to rip my hair out it turns out that Postgres 14 includes some breaking changes but Postgres 13 appears to work. I did opt for Nodejs 19.X over the 12.X version due to it being deprecated and everything seems to be working fine on my minimal system.

1 Like