Setting default owner on the user stories of a solo project?

I just started trying out Taiga after experimenting with a few other kanban boards for my solo project(s). One thing that is a big annoyance on all, including Taiga, is there doesn’t seem to be any way of, for example, setting a default owner for a project’s user stories. Taiga is the least annoying with the one button “assign to me”, but you don’t have that with the bulk add.

Any chance I missed it somewhere? Or might it be possible to add it in a future release perhaps?

Hi @bexasaurus

I have moved your topic to the category Feature Request. But it would be very helpful for us to understand your use case. If you work on a one-man project, why do you need to assign all the stories to you? How useful would this functionality be in projects with one member?

In advance, thank you very much for your time.

Best regards

Ah sorry for posting in the wrong category, and thanks for fixing that.

And you have a point. The main reason I would want this is so that the blaring white circle with “Unassigned” next to it goes away. Having that there for, say, something I’m working on just feels plain wrong. Completely a psychological thing.

But if assigning a default owner is a bit involved to get working for the rare use case such as mine, perhaps a toggle to hide that field completely, at least in the (kanban) overview? Can’t imagine that’d be much more than a setting and a CSS-flag that depends on it.

Either of these solutions would be great for me at least!

Understood!!! Thank you very much for your time and your feedback.

1 Like