Using Home Assistant to host Taiga

Hi All,

If anyone uses Home Assistant (an open source operating system for managing a smart home and much more), I wanted to share that you can now host taiga on your Home Assistant server by installing it (in a very simple way) as an addon.

https://github.com/edmundhighcock/hassio-repository/tree/main/taiga

I love Home Assistant and I see at as more than a way to manage my home and energy. I also love Taiga as a way of managing my work, my side projects and my life, so I really wanted to have Taiga running on Home Assistant. There is a lot still todo, particularly integrating Taiga more closely with Home Assistant core (custom cards, sensors etc) but the standalone Taiga application (version 6) is now working.

I think there is in common with the spirit of Taiga and Home Assistant, so think they should be brought together!

It’s definitely a beta, and feedback/issues on Github are welcome. Maybe don’t use it as a store for precious information that has no other copies just yet! Full installation instructions are on the github page but it should be straightforward. In summary you need to

1. Install the repository

2. Install 2 supporting addons plus Taiga

3. Configure passwords

4. Start!

6 Likes

Hi @edmundhighcock ! first of all, thanks for sharing!!

And now, just wow! Although I’m not a Home Assistant user myself, I find this integration awesome, and the perfect excuse to start tinkering with this Open Source project. Thanks to integrations of both Taiga and Home Assistant, you could automate some cool stuff!!

I’ll definetly take a detailed look at this :star_struck:

3 Likes

Wow, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like