Best practices for internal teams working with external clients

Hi there - thanks for getting this tool onto the market. I am assessing whether or not to try it out with our team. We are a software development and support company.

Can you advise on how best to structure things for internal discussions and work management (for staff) coupled with users at our clients? Our clients need to fully engage to start new tickets (bugs, questions, etc), comment and change status on issues, etc. One client cannot be in the same space as another client but one team is serving them all.

Do we just set them up as users and treat them like the internal team users? How can the team discuss things on their own as they figure things out but then bring the client into the process when the moment is right? Do we start one project for the internal work and another project for the client ‘portal’ dimension? Can two projects in Taiga be connected so an issue raised in one can be linked to an issue on the other?

Looking forward to your advice.

Hi!

I have two options that might be appropriate for your case:

Option 1:

Create a project for each client. Make sure the “kanban” and “issues” modules are active. Your team should have permission to access both modules, but the client only to issues.

When the customer creates an issue, one of your team members promotes the issue to a “story.” That way, you guys can discuss on your own and manage the status of the story. Whenever you have to talk to the client, you can do it on the issue they created.

If you need more automatization, instead of “promote to story” manually, you can use zapier.com to create a story every time the client creates an issue.

Option 2:

This option works better if you prefer to have a single project to manage issues for all of your customers.

Create a project for each client and another for your team. Activate the “issues” on all of them.

Now you can go to zapier.com and create a zap that creates an issue in your team’s project every time the client creates one in theirs.

In zapier you can add data like issue reference or issue severity to be able to filter; or the URL in the description to ensure traceability.

A couple of examples:

And this is a little piece we posted about Zapier with Taiga.

I hope one of these options does the trick for you. Let me know if I can help you further. :wave:

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks very much.

1 Like